Construction problems need resolution, not lengthy litigation.
Negotiating contracts requires substantial knowledge of the subject, reasonable expectations and prompt resolution. Our representation of owners, public and private, general contractors, subcontractors, design professionals and suppliers gives us a nuanced understanding of the allocations of risk, responsibilities and coordination.
Our contract review and preparation includes:
- Guaranteed Maximum Price Contract
- Construction Manager at Risk
- Design Professionals and Consultants
Construction disputes involve competing claims, but resolution demands a team of experienced and committed lawyers working with the best experts and resources to respond to claims of:
- Breach of Contract
- Breach of Warranty
- Changed conditions
- Change orders
Whether the claim will be resolved in mediation, arbitration or litigation, the key is knowledge and preparation.
- «Preliminary Notice Update
- «Private Construction Prompt Pay – Approved Unless Owner Timely Objects In Writing
- «No Indemnity Provision in Your Construction Contract? PRAY.
- «Construction Meetings
- «Builder’s Risk Insurance
- «Building The Family Compound: A Construction Lawyer’s Home Project
- «Notes From My Desk
- «Owner Windfalls in Design/Build Contracts
- «Recommended Additions to Architecture Contracts
- «Warning for Residential Contractors
- «Owner’s Implied Warranty of Cooperation