Hitting “Pause” on Arizona’s Reopening
In light of Arizona’s spiking coronavirus infection numbers, Governor Doug A. Ducey issued Executive Order 2020-43, Pausing of Arizona’s Reopening, Slowing the Spread of COVID-19. The Executive Order provides the following:
- No Public Events of more than 50 people unless approved by a city, town, or county, and only if adequate safety precautions are implemented
- No Special Event or Festival/Fair Liquor Licenses will be issued from June 29, 2020 through July 27, 2020
- Indoor gyms and fitness clubs, indoor movie theaters, and water parks must shut down, effective Monday June 29, 2020 at 8:00 PM through at least July 27, 2020
- Any business who holds a series 6 or 7 liquor license (whose primary business is the sale or dispensing of alcoholic beverages) must pause operations but may continue pick up, delivery, and drive-thru operations
- Pools may continue to operate, but groups larger than 10 should be prohibited from congregating
In order to re-open, business must complete a form prescribed by the Arizona Department of Health Services that attests the entity is in compliance with guidance related to COVID-19 business operations.
The Order is in effect until further notice but will be reconsidered every two weeks after July 27, 2020.