Sara C. Derrick is a shareholder who practices in the firm’s Business, Estate Planning and Real Estate Sections.
She received her undergraduate degree in political science from the University of Arizona, and her Juris Doctor from the James E. Rogers College of Law at the University of Arizona.
After completing her undergraduate studies, Sara moved to London and spent a year working on the London Futures and Options Exchange trading floor. She returned to her native town of Chicago and worked for a health care organization for two years before she entered law school.
Sara joined Mesch Clark Rothschild as a law clerk in 2002. In 2011, Sara was invited to become a shareholder.
She is a volunteer for the Pima County Bar Association’s Volunteer Lawyers Program. In the community, she serves on the Advisory Board for Make-A-Wish Arizona and on the Advisory Council for the Assistance League of Tucson. Previously, she served on the board of directors of the Diaper Bank of Arizona and the Advisory Board for the Sunnyside Parents as Teachers program. In addition, Sara serves as general counsel for the Better Business Bureau of Tucson.
- Business and Corporate Law
- Non-Profit Corporations
- Estate Planning and Probate
- Real Estate
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- State Bar of Arizona, 2002
- United States District Court, District of Arizona, 2002
University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona
BS Political Science, minor French, 1996
University of Arizona, James E. Rogers College of Law, Tucson, Arizona
Juris Doctor, 2002
- Make-A-Wish Arizona, Advisory Board
- Assistance League of Tucson, Advisory Council
- Diaper Bank of Arizona, former board member
- Sunnyside Parents as Teachers, Advisory Board, former member
- Lawyers for Literacy
- Arizona State Bar ADR Section, Executive Committee Member and Newsletter Editor
- «Business Succession
- «What is a Consensual Lien?
- «Damage and Destruction Clause in Commercial Leases
- «Title Policy Endorsements
- «Retirement Plans at Work
- «Taxing Questions: An Essential Overview of the 2001 Tax Relief Act
- «The Importance of Powers of Attorney
- «Where Should You Keep Your Will?
- «Avoiding the Pitfalls of Estate Planning
- «Checklist for an Alcohol/Drug Use Policy
- «Employee Handbooks: In Arizona, Did You Know…?
- «HIPAA – What the Fuss is About …Again
- «Juggling Acts: The Interaction of the Americans With Disabilities Act, The Family Medical Leave Act and Workers’ Compensation
- «Medical Marijuana in the Workplace: An Employer’s Perspective
- «Recruiting: Words Of Caution To Employers
- «Reduction in Force
- «What You Can & Can’t Ask Potential Employees
- «When an Employee is Called to Military Duty: The Uniformed Services Employment And Reemployment Rights Act Of 1994 (USERRA)
- «For Profit and Non-Profit Corporations Compared
- «Legal Issues in Forming a New Business
- «When Minutes Count!
- «Enforceability of Arbitration Agreements