Paul A. Loucks joined Mesch Clark Rothschild in 2006 and became a shareholder in 2013. He practices principally in the firm’s Construction, Government/Municipal Law, Real Estate, and Business Sections. Paul is licensed to practice in all Arizona courts and before the United States patent and Trademark Office. He works in a variety of legal areas including construction, contracts, corporate, condemnation/annexation, intellectual property, land use, public records, and zoning.
A native of Salinas, California, Paul received his BS in Physics from the University of Nevada in 1993. He subsequently worked for Lockheed Analytical Systems as an Analytical Chemist and as a Chemist at a mining laboratory in Tucson, Arizona.
He graduated from the University of Arizona School of Law in 1999. Prior to joining Mesch Clark Rothschild, he worked in the public sector as a Law Clerk for the Arizona Court of Appeals, Division Two, and as a Deputy Pima County Attorney in its Civil Section. In 2006, Paul was nominated by the Metropolitan Pima Alliance for a Common Ground Award in Public Projects as part of the team which developed Corona de Tucson Wastewater Treatment Plant Expansion Plan. Paul was recently involved in creating a complex Community Financing District and a related Development Agreement for the largest proposed master planned community in Cochise County history.
Paul sits on the Board of Directors for the El Rio Foundation, which supports the El Rio Community Health Center and has been involved in numerous other social service entities in the Tucson area.
- State Bar of Arizona
- U.S. District Court in Arizona
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
University of Arizona James E. Rogers College of Law, Tucson, AZ
Juris Doctor, 1999
University of Nevada, Las Vegas, NV
Bachelor of Science, Physics, 1993
- El Rio Foundation, Vice President (2013- present)
- El Rio Foundation Vecinos, Founding Member (2012-present)
- Handi-Dogs, Inc., Secretary and Vice President of Board of Directors (2007 – 2013)
- Handi-Dogs Foundation, Inc., President of Board of Directors (2009 to Present)
- In My Shoes, Inc., Secretary and Vice President of Board of Directors (2004 to 2010)
- City of Tucson, Redistricting Committee, Mayoral Appointment (2008)
- Inside Tucson Business, Up and Comers Award, 2009
- Metro Pima Alliance Common Ground, Finalist for Public Project Award, 2006
- «Preliminary Notice Update
- «Construction Meetings
- «Judgment Liens
- «A Reminder via Brexit – Contract Contingencies
- «Materiality of Breach
- «Designer’s Project Liability
- «2015 Real Property Appellate Case Law Year in Review
- «How Existing Zoning Regulations Restrict Use of Your Property
- «Software Licenses – Clean Off Your Glasses for the Small Print