Lowell E. Rothschild, a founding partner of Mesch Clark Rothschild, received his J.D. in 1952 from the University of Arizona College of Law.
Mr. Rothschild practiced bankruptcy, business reorganization, and estate planning. He represented debtors, creditors and creditors’ committees in a wide range of reorganization activities.
He was a member of the American Bankruptcy Institute, and for more than twenty years was listed in the Best Lawyers of America.
He acted as a Judge Pro Tempore, Special Master and Mediator for the Pima County Superior Court for the State of Arizona. Mr. Rothschild wass a Hearing Officer for the State Bar of Arizona’s Disciplinary Committee.
He was a frequent lecturer on Bankruptcy and Business Reorganization, law practice skills, and law practice management, and appeared on programs for the American Bar Association of Arizona, California and Washington, as well as the Pima County Bar Association. Mr. Rothschild presented at the Institute for Continuing Legal Education of the University of Michigan, the National Conference of Bankruptcy Judges, the Arizona State University Graduate School of Business, Professional Education Systems Institute, and the University of Arizona College of Law.
He was a Fellow of the American Bar Association Foundation, a Fellow of the American College of Bankruptcy, a Fellow of the College of Law Practice Management and a Fellow of the Arizona Bar Foundation. He served as the lawyer representative from the State of Arizona for the United States Ninth Circuit Judicial Conference. Mr. Rothschild is a past Chairman of the Law Practice Management Section of the American Bar Association. He was a Project Coordinator of the American Bar Association publication “Withdrawal, Retirement and Disability,” and a contributor to the American Bar Association publication “Beyond the Billable Hour” and “Win-Win Billing Strategies.”
He served as a member and Chairman of the Bankruptcy Specialization Committee of the State Bar of Arizona from 1986 to 1995. He is a past president and board member of the Tucson Airport Authority and a member of the Board of Visitors of the University of Arizona College of Law. In addition, he was a member of the University of Arizona Foundation, the Arizona Board of Medical Examiners, Temple Emanu-El and the Jewish Community Foundation. In 2006, Mr. Rothschild was presented the Alumni Professional Achievement Award by the University of Arizona, and in 2007 the University of Arizona College of Law honored Mr. Rothschild with the Distinguished Alumnus Convocation Award.
- State Bar of Arizona
- United States District Court of Arizona
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Bar of the United States Supreme Court
- United States Tax Court
University of Arizona, Tucson AZ
Juris Doctor, 1952
- American College of Bankruptcy, Fellow
- College of Law Practice Management, Fellow
- Arizona Bar Foundation, Fellow
- American Bar Association Foundation, Fellow
- United States Ninth Circuit Judicial Conference, Past Lawyer Representative
- University of Arizona Alumni Professional Achievement Award, 2006
- The University of Arizona College of Law Distinguished Alumnus Convocation Award, 2007
- Tucson Airport Authority, Past President and current board member
- Board of Visitors of the University of Arizona College of Law, Member
- University of Arizona Foundation, Member
- Arizona Board of Medical Examiners, past member
- Temple Emanu-El, Past President