Isaac D. RothschildVcard
- Practice Areas, Admissions & Education
- Organizations & Community
Isaac D. Rothschild is a shareholder in the Bankruptcy Section of Mesch Clark Rothschild.
Since joining MCR in 2009, Isaac has been active in the firm’s bankruptcy section, co-counsel in some of the largest reorganization cases in Arizona, as well as representing Trustees, secured insurance companies, and local banks in Chapter 7 and Chapter 11 bankruptcy cases as well as collection actions. Additionally, Isaac teaches Bankruptcy Procedures at Pima Community College.
Isaac graduated from the University of Arizona James E. Rogers College of Law in 2007, where he was a Staff Writer for the Arizona Law Review. While in law school, Isaac expanded his legal studies into China through both the Duquesne School of Law at the China University of Political Science in Beijing and Duke School of Law’s Asia America Institute in Transnational Law in Hong Kong.
Isaac is a native of Tucson and represents the third generation in his family to pursue the practice of law. He received his B.A. in Political Science from the University of Denver. Prior to joining Mesch Clark Rothschild in 2009, he was a Law Clerk for Federal District Court Judge Raner Collins for two years.
He is an active volunteer in professional associations and in the Tucson community, donating his time and talent to numerous organizations including Wills for Heroes, where he prepares wills for Tucson firefighters and police officers. He serves on the Board of Directors of Arts for All, whose programs are designed to provide a quality art focus for children, youth and adults with and without disabilities. He serves as a Vice-President of the Board of the Directors for the Tucson Jewish Community Center. He is also active with the Community Foundation of Southern Arizona. He is one of the founders of the Tucson Jazz Festival and Tucson Young Tax Professionals, and serves on the Executive Committee of the Southern Arizona Federal Bar Association. Isaac has been recognized for his pro bono service and his service to the community.
Isaac enjoys exploring different cultures, experiencing the arts, and is an avid sports fan.
- Commercial Bankruptcy Representation
- State Bar of Arizona (2007)
- United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit (2011)
University of Arizona, James E. Rogers College of Law, Tucson AZ
Juris Doctor, Cum Laude, 2007.
Duke School of Law’s Asia America Institute in Transnational Law, Hong Kong, 2005.
Duquesne School of Law at China University of Political Science and Law, Beijing, 2005.
University of Denver, Denver CO
Bachelor of Arts, Political Science, 2003.
Organizations & Recognition
- Arts for All, Secretary of the Board of Directors, 6/2008 – Present
- Presidio Rotary Club (Founding Member), 2011-2014
- Tucson Jewish Community Center Board of Directors, 6/2012 – Present, Vice-President Chair of Committee on Directors
- Jewish Federation of Southern Arizona, taskforce to increase young adult’s participation, 9/2012 – 5/2014
- Southern Arizona Community Foundation, Member of Community Investment Team, 8/2010 – Present; Chair End of Life Committee, 6/2015 – Present
- Tucson Jazz Festival – Director 2013 – Present
- Tucson Jewish History Museum – By-Laws Committee
- Rising Star in Bankruptcy and Creditor/Debtor Rights- Super Lawyers, 2012 – Present
- Arizona Bankruptcy Inn of Court, Member, 2010 – Present
- Up and Comer- Inside Tucson Business, 2013
- Pro Bono Attorney of the Month- Volunteer Lawyer’s Program, August 2011
- Top 50 Pro Bono Attorneys in the State of Arizona- Arizona Foundation for Legal Services and Education, 2012
- Southern Arizona Federal Bar Association Executive Committee, 2009 – Present President, 2012-2013
- American Bankruptcy Institute Member: Editor Volo Project, 6/2010-Present
- 2013 Local Rules Committee for the Arizona Bankruptcy Courts, 5/2013 – Present, Chair of General Procedures Subcommittee, 5/2013 – Present
- Tucson Young Tax Professionals, Executive Member 2010 – Present
- Arizona Bankruptcy Court Reaffirmation Clinics, Student Participant 9/2004 – 6/2007, Trainer and Attorney Supervisor 9/2009 – Present
- Wills for Heroes- Draft Wills for Southern Arizona First Responders, 9/2007 – Present
- «Spendthrift Clauses In Bankruptcy
- «Agricultural Lenders are Reacting to Slow Growth
- «What We Know About the New GMO Law? How will it affect Ranchers and Farmers?
- «What Attorneys and Clients Can Learn From the Year in Boxing?
- «Bankruptcy Restructuring & Guaranty Liability
- «BUYER BEWARE! Get a Title Policy, not a Preliminary Title Report or Commitment